Title: Top 5 tips to improve your transition time
Episode Length: 16 mins
(Can watch the episode or read the blog below)
About the Episode:
It can take us so much time and effort to wipe a few minutes off our swim, bike and run PB's, but wiping time off our transitions can be pretty easy if we implement a few simple strategies. In this week's episode of Coffee & Coaching, we share with you 5 ways to improve your transition times! Check out the replay below or our summary :)
Watch the Replay
Or if you don't have time to watch the replay, you can read our summary of what's covered below!
Tip #1: Know where your spot in transition is
- Find a landmark that is roughly in line with your bike, to make it easier to locate
- Use a bright coloured towel to put your stuff on
- Take note of what row your bike is on, and what isle you need to run down
- If you're worried you will forget your row number, write it on your hand so you can have a look while entering transition
Tip #2: Have the right equipment!
- Elastic Laces: They allow you to slide your runners on and off without having to worry about tying, untying or fiddling with your laces.
- Socks: Make a decision about whether you need to wear socks for both the bike and the run, or if you can go with out.
- Triathlon Suit: Wearing a triathlon suit is a plus not only for convenience, but it means you don’t have to worry about changing in transition or pulling on other clothes over your bathers
- Triathlon Shoes: Try to purchase triathlon specific shoes, as they are designed with quick transitions in mind and most will feature a velcro strap rather than other confusing fastening systems
Tip #3: Organise your area
- Organise your equipment in the order you will need it.
- When setting your transition area up, walk through the race in your head to make sure you have it all in the right order
- Have all equipment open and ready to go
Tip #4 Do a walk through
- Familiarise yourself with the swim entry, bike exit, bike entry and run exit
- Ensures you know what you're doing and where you're going on race day
Tip #5 Practice, Practice, practice!
- You can practice your transition skills at training when completing brick sessions or even at home
- Things you want to practice include
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team. You're information will not be shared.